Thursday, March 5, 2009

He'll Carry You

Music has always been a huge part of my life. I LOVE to sing and love music. Some of my most special spiritual experiences have been through music. Music just speaks to my soul...good music of course. I've always loved Hilary Week's music. She is an LDS singer and I love her songs! I really liked this one called "He'll Carry You" even before this trial but it speaks to me SO MUCH more now, it brought tears to my eyes as I listened to it in the car on my way to work this morning...




He knows your heart
He knows your pain
He knows the strength it took just too simply breathe today
He sees the tears that you cry
He knows your soul is aching to know why
He hears your prayers each humble word
When you said you couldn’t face another day he understood
He knows the path that you will find
Though you felt alone he’s never left your side

Chorus:
He knew there’d be moments when no earthly words could take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you

He’ll bring you peace and leave you hope
And in the darkest night he’ll comfort you
Until you know the sun will rise and each new day
You will have the strength to live again

Chorus:
And when there are moments when no earthly words can take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you

He hears you when you’re crying in the night
He hears you when your soul longs to find
Till the morning will come
And the light of the dawn reassures

Chorus:
That in the moments when no earthly words can take away your sorrow
And no human eyes could see what you’re going through
When you’ve taken your last step and done all that you can do
He will lift your heavy load and carry you

I have definitely felt the Lord carrying me through this. From the moment when I was laying on the exam table and asked the doctor as she was doing the ultrasound, "Should I be worried?" till now the Lord has helped us. Sometimes I feel alone and don't feel like He is there but if thats the case I know its my own doing, if I don't have the Spirit its my fault. We have felt great power in everyone's prayers. I know people I don't even know are praying for us and words cannot express how grateful we are and how much we need them! Please continue to pray for us...I feel very humbled by this experience, asking for prayers is not an easy thing to do and my pride tries to get in the way but we really really really need them and I know that pride is not from Heavenly Father. So please try to remember us in your prayers if its not too much trouble. Its getting harder, like I said in one of my earlier posts, the reality of Alexis not being here keeps seeking in and I think about it all the time in different situations. And people around me keep having their babies and though I'm happy for them, its still really hard.

3 comments:

Tifani said...

The words to that song are perfect. Thank you for sharing them. I feel the same way you do about prayers. We all need them so badly. It seems to be one of the few things that really makes a difference day to day.

April said...

What a great song, I don't think I've ever heard it or if I have I can't remember. Thank you so much. YOu need to check out Jessie Clark Funk, she's an LDS artist as well and she had a baby a few years ago who was stillborn and she's had a few miscarrages and she wrote a song called, Calling all Angels, amazing. Thank you.

Scott and Amy said...

I love you amy. You are so strong. I wish that I could have been as strong as you, your so wonderful. your in mine and my husbands prayers every night. Keep staying strong you have so many people to turn to. remember that. love you

Amy