*I'm really excited to post this post but I still want you all to remember the post right before this one about Kim and her family...please remember them in your prayers!!
So, with that said, last night I was on Facebook and going through some of my old messages from around the time that we lost Alexis. I hadn't replied to some of them and I still wanted to. I came across one from my friend Kari where she sent me the link to someone's blog that had lost a child and to a video of a song that I had not heard in a while but that I LOVE. It was JUST what I needed to hear last night. Funny how that works...that my friend would send this to me a long time ago but that I wouldn't watch it until now, the Lord is aware of us and knows what we need in every moment. Its interesting how the Lord prepares you too...my freshman year in college we had an amazing ward choir, a lot of the kids in our ward were music majors or very musically inclined so we had a big, really fun ward choir and we did a bunch of fun songs. Well one of the ones we did was "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee". I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and like I said earlier I havent' heard it in a long time so it was so refreshing and comforting to hear it again last night in this video. The video below is from a CES Fireside in September 2008 I believe. Elder Holland was the speaker (LOVE his talks)...so this video plays his closing words and then the song...here is the video and then below that are the lyrics to the song, I've highlighted some of my favorite parts:
My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee
Text and Music by Rob Gardner
For a little while
Have I forsaken thee;
But with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee
For a moment.
But with everlasting kindness will I gather thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings,
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
Though thine afflictions seem
At times too great to bear,
I know thine every thought and every care.
And though the very jaws
Of hell gape after thee I am with thee.
And with everlasting mercy will I succor thee,
And with healing will I take thee ‘neath my wings.
Though the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
Know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
How long can rolling waters
Remain impure?
What pow'r shall stay the hand of God?
The Son of Man hath descended below all things.
Art thou greater than He?
So hold on thy way,
For I shall be with thee.
And mine angels shall encircle thee.
Doubt not what thou knowest,
Fear not man, for he
Cannot hurt thee.
And with everlasting kindness will I succor thee,
And with mercy will I take thee ‘neath my wings.
For the mountains shall depart,
And the hills shall be removed,
And the valleys shall be lost beneath the sea,
But know, my child,
My kindness shall not depart from thee!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Those lyrics are beautiful. I just recently read that section of D&C and it's so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
I am so sorry for your loss. She is yours. Don't worry about others and how they react so uncomfortably around you. She is your little girl and always will be!! I am so sorry for this road we trudge. It's a long road. And I am with you on the "time" thing. It's gotten harder for me the further I get from when I held Gavin in my Arms. OOOOH how we love our little ones. I pray the Lord will send you the comfort you need on this road.
Michelle
Gavin's Mom
P.s Who sings "Calling all Angels?" It's a beautiful song.
That is such a great talk and beautiful song! Thanks for sharing.
This post is so amazing Amy! Thank you for being inspired to share it. It touched me deeply.
I liked the end of that talk it was probably a really good one! That song is really pretty too I love it! Amy I love you. I think that we grieve alot the same. the reason why i say that is because everytime i read what you write It is like WOW...I felt that same way. i'm sorry someone told you not to blog about your feelings if someone dosn't like reading it then don't read it but i think your doing aweseome. I love talking about Joseph every chance I get and I am very proud to be his mom! I also hear ya with people not saying anything to you after you you loose a baby. Its like you have the plague or something when people find out and they just ignore you and try to stay away so they don't catch it or sometin. and I hate that the try to not bring up anything because they don't want to make things akward. It does drive me a little big insane. Amy hang in there things will get easier I promise stay strong girl and just remember that you already have a perfect child. Your a better mom then anyone in your family right now because all your kids are perfect :) I like to think that Heavenly father just loves me the most because he just wanted me to have a perfect little spirit as part of my family. No one else in my family has one of those.... Just me. Plus I have a kid in heaven telling all my other kids how fun it is and preparing them to join our Wonderful Family :).
I wish that people would always just say I love you or i'm sorry when they find out that you lost your baby.
Amy I love you and i'm sorry you lost your baby. Your an amazing Mom and Heavenly Father trusted you with a PERFECT child. He knows that your strong enough and that you have enough faith to get though this trial. I love you and i'm sorry. i love you a milion times. who knows maybe Joseph and Alexis are dating up in heaven I hope so, I wouldn't mind that one bit, I think Alexis is so amazing and she has amazing parents :) Love you girl and I hope you have a wonderful Easter Weekend!
Love Amy
Post a Comment