Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent and how she surprised them all with her beautiful voice. She sang the song "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. I love this song, its so pretty but it got me thinking about the words and my dreams. My dream of being a mom, of having a baby, of staying home and raising my baby, dressing her up and having a little buddy. But that dream was taken away for a time. Just like part of this song talks about...
"But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather
I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed."
This may sound a little harsh, I really know that this life is not the end, and the Lord knows what is best for us. But I still had a dream and that dream was shattered. That is part of what makes this so hard. I have to learn to live in this new life....and sometimes I'm not sure I can do this. *sigh*



5 comments:
That song is one of my favorites. So powerful. You know I wish I had the words to take away your hurt. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers as you learn how to live this new life, and as you find your way to dream again.
I have never even thought about that part of the song before. It really does apply to us. I have felt so many times that I can't do it anymore, that the pain is just too hard. Slowly but surely the pain lessens, but its still so hard. You will have more children Amy, and get to raise them. I know it! We are too good of moms not to get the chance.
Oh sweet Amy, I know what you mean about shattered dreams. Thats exactly what this is, this life we are living in. We had to learn to re-live life and it is such a hard road. I know we will all make it. It may not seem like it now, but I know we will and I know you are your DH will too.
Many *hugs*
Your dreams will come true Amy. Keep holding on. You will get your dream, and it will be even sweeter because you will appreciate it even more. I am talking both of having other children in the future, and one day when you and Alexis WILL BE together again!
I loved the clip of Susan Boyle. What a cute lady. Anyways...sorry....I do love that musical too. So moving and powerful. I have never really thought of that song in a personal way but you are right. Those lines do pertain to baby loss as well. I'm thinking of you and praying for you and hoping to send blessings your way. Lots of Love!
Post a Comment