On another note, Mothers Day....I'm not sure how this day will be for me. Its my first Mothers Day after losing Alexis. In the past people have done things for me because I would be a mother some day but this time I AM a mother but my "evidence" isn't with me right now.
Anyway, as many of you know I've become involved with the non-profit organization Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep who did Alexis' pictures. They are sent straight from heaven I am sure! :) They also have a forum where moms and dads that have lost their babies can join and receive support from one another. Well, for mothers day they are doing a Mother's Day Card Exchange so if you are mother that has lost a baby and would like to participate please do! You have to be a registered member of the forum but its not hard to register. The last day to sign up for the exchange is TOMORROW (Monday the 27th) so HURRY! I think this will be fun. Here is a link to the thread that tells you how to sign up (go to page three of the thread for the instructions):
Mother's Day Card Exchange
Also, if you aren't signed up for the forum yet you can sign up really quickly but I think they have to confirm it or something, just their way of making sure that not just anyone joins, like people who have never experienced loss, etc. SO if it won't let you post on the thread to sign up (it will let you read the thread but might not let you post) just email tammy@nilmdts.org about it with all your information she requested. Anyway...hope my angel mommy friends will join the fun! :)



2 comments:
Mother's Day is going to be so so hard. I know we will all get through it with the help of our angels.
I think that is such a lovely idea for mothers day!
*hugs*
Amy, I have a friend in my ward who had a little angel leave her early, about three years ago. While visiting with her recently I mentioned you and some of your experience. She has since then made you a cd along with a list of books that have helped her cope with her loss. Would you be willing to e-mail me your address so that she could send this to you? darlene_good@hotmail.com Thanks Amy.
Darlene
Post a Comment