"He told the mother that she should have the joy, the pleasure, and the satisfaction of rearing that child, after the resurrection, until it reached the full stature of its spirit; and that it would be a far greater joy than she could possibly have in mortality, because she would be free from the sorrow and fear and disabilities of mortal life, and she would know more than she could know in this life."
Even with this knowledge, because we can't remember anything of the premortal life, it is easy to forget and feel cheated and want her here NOW. Especially when seeing others that are pregnant or have their babies. It doesn't seem fair. But she was just too perfect for this world. What an honor to be her mother!
This Easter has meant more to us than it ever has before. We went to visit Alexis' grave and took her an Easter basket with a book titled "Baby's First Easter" and a little pink bunny and two eggs where we put letters from each of us to her. We also took some beautiful pink tulips. Her grave is a peaceful place for me but its sad too, you think, I shouldn't be going to a CEMETERY to visit my daughter. But such is our lot right now. We miss her so very much. There are not words adequate to express how much. We have faith we will see her again and can't wait for that glorious, magnificent day. Happy Easter baby girl! We love you!





3 comments:
Oh amy I love you! Happy Easter! Do you already have a Headstone for Alexis's grave?? Also super cute Easter Basket love it! Your amazing!
It was such a hard day yesterday for my family and I. I am so glad that you went out to see Alexis. I know what you mean about having to go to the cemetery to see her. Its so incredibly hard.
*hugs*
The basket you put together is so cute. I wish I would have done something for Preslie. I too get so sad when I visit her, and I didn't want to feel really sad that week. :(
Post a Comment