Sunday, January 3, 2010

The New Year

I thought I would be elated at the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010. 2009 has been a very very very TRYING year, for us and for my family. I almost expected to have the feeling of "good riddance 2009, don't hit yourself while going out the door!". But I was surprised to feel a little resistance inside myself at the coming of the New Year. Though 2009 has been very hard, it was also the year Alexis was alive, died and was born...in that order. Its the year we met our first baby. As the New Year came I found part of myself wanting to hold on to 2009, I guess part of me felt like with the new year a part of Alexis would be lost. But she isn't, she is coming with us into 2010 and will always be a part of our lives. I am holding a lot of hope for 2010 to be the year we have a healthy, live baby...I just can't wait. There are moments where I literally think I'm going to burst out of my skin with impatience on a lot of fronts, for this new baby, for Zach to finally get a reporter job. But I know thats where faith comes in, I just have to trust in the Lord, that His will and His timing is best. But boy is it HARD sometimes!

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

It's hard. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing more and more of Cora as time goes by and we stop using old baby things. And every moment that passes is another further away. But then I remind myself that every moment is also one step closer to when I get to see her again.

(hugs)

The Blue Sparrow said...

My name is Jennifer and I just found your blog. I lost my son Bryston in July and just miscarried our second baby this past month. Alexis is adorable by the way. But I just wanted to say that I felt the same way about 2009. It was such an awful year for us and I was so ready to see it gone but on the other hand this year will always be bittersweet because it is the year that I became a mommy to an angel, twice. *HUGS*