Saturday, May 9, 2009

Judging

I don't feel like i have much talent with words...I can't express myself as eloquently as others so I often just prefer to share quotes, etc. that really speak to my soul and put into words the feelings I have in a way much better than if I tried to write it. So here is a quote that really speaks to me today...I've felt very judged today. I hate it. I might sound pessimistic and negative...but I'm not...I'm a grieving mother and trying to learn how to live in this new reality. Its hard...take my word for it. And its not going to be a quick fix...I have to learn to live with a broken heart, literally broken...

"They judge us for being stuck and not moving on. They don't understand that we ARE moving on - we're moving on with the children we have and with children who should be getting bigger if they weren't dead. It's not like we can just erase our children from our hearts, minds & bodies. The reality is that we move forward in our children's deaths, adding year after year of absence to the pile."
-Vickie Bacon

2 comments:

Brittanie said...

I hate that "you aren't over it yet?" feeling. Honestly, I don't think I'll EVER be "over it." Especially since I have had 2 babies since, nobody understood why I would still have such a hard time with her birthday. NOBODY in my family commented on my blog on Cora's birthday. My sister called me, and she is the ONLY one who even acknowledged what day it was. I hate that pressure we get to be "all better." ESPECIALLY when it starts just a matter of months afterward.

(hugs)

~*Jess*~ said...

Some say 'time heals all wounds'. But I don't agree with that one bit. There are some wounds that just don't heal.. and this is one of them. (HUGS)