Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bloom Where You Are Planted

This blog is dedicated to our angel baby Alexis Lynne. It is a place where I can express my feelings as we go through this difficult time of being separated from our daughter. I miss her so much! Today I found a digital scrapbook kit called "Bloom and Grow" and it got me thinking about trials and how they help you grow in this life. Then it made me think of the phrase "Bloom Where You Are Planted"...we often cannot choose where we are planted, meaning what trials we will be faced with but we do have a choice of how we deal with them. Do we let the weeds come in (bitterness/anger), turn away from the sun (the Son of God) and reject water (spiritual nourishment) so that we end up a shriveled, dead plant? Or do we feel the pain/anger but not let it consume us, turn to the Son (Jesus Christ) and drink of the spiritual water He has to offer so that we can grow and BLOOM into the beautiful flower we have the potential to become? I hope that I can do the latter. Not that it isn't hard, and we don't have our bad moments...but there is hope and faith in knowing that someday we will be delivered from all this pain and suffering and be with our baby girl again. We love you Alexis and hope you can come visit us sometimes until we can be with you again!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that phrase. What a perfect way to sum up this "club" we now belong to.