I've been feeling guilty lately. Like I'm not honoring Alexis in the way I should. I feel bad not posting here very often. I want to do something in her name. Like one of my friends holds sewing days where people come and sew gowns and blankets for the local hospital. I want to do something like that. But I don't know what. I wish we had had a bigger party for her on her birthday. I wish I could see her again, even if for a moment. Even if it was in a dream or something. I miss her.
I have a song playlist called Alexis...its songs about grief/trials that have brought me a lot of comfort through the past couple years. I haven't listened to them in a long time. But the other day I was talking to a friend who also has lost a baby and one of these songs came up and she said she hadn't heard it. Its one of my very favorites so I thought I'd put together a quick video with it so she could hear it and I could remember my angel baby. The beginning of the song talks about when the mom was carrying the baby so I included pictures of me pregnant with Alexis, then it talks about the short time they had with the baby and then the years after how the mom still carries the baby in her heart and the mom is being carried as well. You've seen most of these photos before, but take a moment and remember with me...
- Amy


3 comments:
I think we all feel guilty. There are so few things we *can* do. I love that song, and your video is beautiful.
Most of my days are consumed with Cora's siblings, so I feel like she gets forgotten too. And then Erin says something about her and I realized she's not forgotten after all. I know Alexis isn't either.
((hugs))
You don't know me, but I found your blog through Kami. I lost my little baby boy in Sept 2011. I love your blog, it is beautiful! The video was amazing..that song is one of my favorites too. Thank you for your sweet words. I am sorry for your loss. She is beautiful!
Bless you.. Bless you for that amazing video and for trying so very hard to let others remember or even get to know your beautiful baby. My little brother died shortly after birth, and he is buried in Texas, far away from anyone who would remember him. My Mom lamented that no one would remember her baby-- so i made a point to remember him.. even naming my son after him. I promised my Mom that we'd always remember Peter on her deathbed- and we do. We celebrate his "day" each year even though it's 36 years ago and i never met him. That was a beautiful video. God Bless You. I'd like to share it on Facebook with a few memories of my brother Peter on his birthday if that is ok with you. (april 29) I understand if you'd rather not.
Post a Comment