I've wanted to continue posting here...but I just haven't known what to say. I came across this poem from a fellow angel mommy's blog today and decided it was the perfect thing to start my posting again. Its such a sweet poem...
"It isn't letting go
its going on.
It isnt only shadows
and it isnt only dawn.
It isn't GETTING THROUGH IT
...it's letting it come through me,
not living in the darkness
though the darkness I can see.
Its living with the sorrow
but finding memories sweet.
Its knowing that it takes both sides
to make it all complete.
It's soaking up the sunshine
along with the rain
Its learning to let laughter
live side by side with pain.
Its knowing that the past
wont change a love thats real
or take away the joy you brought
or the sorrow that I feel.
Its knowing tears and laughter
can live on the same face,
and your impression on my heart
can never be erased."
We love and miss you sweet Alexis and have felt your presence near!




2 comments:
It's really hard. But more children won't make you forget her more. I think the hardest part for me is that the way I express my love to my rainbows is by taking care of them: feeding them, changing them, bathing them, cuddling with them. I can do none of that for and with Cora. So it's hard to feel like I express my love for her because I can't do any of those things. How do you mother a child that isn't there?
But you will always love her. She'd want you to be happy with her younger sister, to move forward into another stage of your life. You'll get your stage with her, and I'll get mine with Cora. That will be a beautiful day! But for now, we just need to enjoy now.
((((hugs))))
Thank you for sharing your story. Beautiful words and pictures. I'm glad to hear that you now have a child to hold in your arms to go with the only in your heart. Isn't God good to us?
Post a Comment