Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy News

I was going to wait a couple more weeks to announce this, but really its a miracle I made it this far without spilling the beans to everyone! :) Its true, I'm pregnant! We are very excited, grateful, happy but also very nervous. We are trying to have faith and not fear but its very hard.

A baby that is conceived after a loss is often referred to as a "Rainbow Baby", if you really think about it the term is very fitting. A rainbow comes in the midst of a storm, in fact you can't have a rainbow without the storm. Another angel mom says it best, "Rainbow Babies" is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it doesn't mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope." I just want to make it clear that Alexis is and always will be our first baby and will always be a part of our family. This pregnancy and new baby will help heal our heartache but this baby will also know that he/she has a big sister and we will always talk and include Alexis in our family. I've said this many times before, but I just don't want her to be forgotten.

So, we are entering a new part of our journey. So far everything looks great and the baby is growing. We've had two doctors appointments so far and at the last one we were able to hear and see a very strong heartbeat, 160 bpm. I've been pretty sick and "bleh" but I can't complain at all, I'm so grateful for this life inside of me.

Now, a lot of me has reservations about this post in that I don't want to hurt any of my wonderful angel mommy friend's feelings. I know it was hard for me to hear about others being pregnant and so I'm so sorry if this makes anyone kind of sad, but I want you to know that its okay and that I totally understand. I truly pray that this blessing will come to each of you. And I also have friends who have a hard time conceiving and I wish with ALL MY HEART that I could give this same blessing to you. Just know that I love you all and pray for you and am here for you!

12 comments:

jefferies said...

Yeah!! Congratulations!

Our Family said...

I am so very happy for you and your family. I have been praying and worrying about you. Glad for happy news.

Daisy said...

Congratulations Amy! I'm so happy for you!

Brittanie said...

Teeeheeeheee! I'm so glad you found JM so I got to be in on the secret! Congrats honey! S/he's beautiful!

Cheri said...

This IS great news! I know what you mean, though, that it's hard to hear of others who are pregnant. But now you will get to have a happy ending to your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear more!!

Beth said...

so thrilled to hear this! i know you are so very nervous.. i will be praying for you! i have this new feeling, it's not very fair to most people that i know.. but i really feel that mothers who have been through loss REALLY deserve their new babies, so it is somehow a lot easier for me to be happy for babylost moms than for the rest of them who are pregnant or have newborns.. i never said it was rational, just honest! i will now lean on you for inspiration that it will happen for me too.. my biggest prayer is that it works out for us the second time around. wishing you peace.. much love to you.

Kim said...

I am so happy for you AMY. I hope you have the best pregnancy ever, and when you get to meet your new one you will know that she just came from your sweet Alexis's arms.

Courtney said...

Oh sweet Amy, as I said on FB I am so incredibly happy for you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart and cannot wait to hear more about Alexis' little brother/sister.

Andrea said...

Congratulations! Can you send me your left over baby dust :)

It's difficult to learn of new pregnancies when you are in the midst of the storm, but also comforting in that it gives us such HOPE. Be good to yourself and live in the moment, savor the JOY and keep sharing your love.

((Hugs))

Kati said...

I don't know you, I have stumbled across your blog through a friends blog. You are so inspirational, I can't imagine going through what you and your husband have gone through. I wish you the best on your pregnancy. I can't think of a more deserving couple to recieve such a little miracle.

Tifani said...

How wonderful!!! I am so happy for you!! What a tremendous blessing for you and your hubby during this time of year. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby!

Peach said...

Yea! I am so happy for you! I have BTDT and know just how you feel. hang in there, momma. I'll be thinking of you.