Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Just Let Me Cry

This is how I feel today...


Just Let Me Cry

by Hilary Weeks

I believe that everything happens for a reason.
We’re not just tossed by the wind,
or left in the hands of fate.

But sometimes life sends a storm that’s unexpected.
And we’re forced to face our deepest pain.
When I feel the heartache begin to pull me under...
I dig my heels in deep,
and I fight to keep my ground.

Still, at times the hurt inside grows stronger.
And there’s nothing I can do but let out...

Just let me cry.
I know it’s hard to see.
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today.

Just let me cry.
Till every tear has fallen.
Don’t ask when...
and don’t ask why.

Just let me cry.

When I agreed that God could put this heart inside me.
I understood that there would be a chance that it would break.
But I know He knows exactly how I’m feeling...
And I know in time He’ll take the pain away.
But for now...

Just let me cry.
I know it’s hard to see.
But the pain I feel isn’t going away today.

Just let me cry.
Till every tear has fallen.
Don’t ask when...
and don’t ask why.

Just let me cry.

I have felt joy,
the kind that makes my heart want to sing.
And so my tears are not a surrender,
I’ll feel that way again.

But for now...

For this moment...

Just let me cry.
I know it’s hard to see.
But the pain I feel.
Isn’t going away today.

Just let me cry.
Till every tear has fallen.
Don’t ask when...
and don’t ask why.

Just let me cry.

7 comments:

Me said...

That song is perfect. Great lyrics to really explain your feelings.

We all feel like this sometime in our life. Unfortunately some of us feel it more often then others. Please know that I think of you often and consider you my angel sister.

I'm sure that our kids are friends in heaven and they are watching over us together!

Courtney said...

What an amazing some with some very powerful and relatable lyrics. thank you for sharing.

Makayla said...

That song is perfect. I was having one of my worst days of my life this week and Lexee sent me this link. It made me cry the whole way through, but in the end I had more hope of better days.
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=965a6a4430c0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

Brittanie said...

Such a beautiful song. So perfect. (hugs) Thanks for sharing that. I needed that today.

Laura said...

What a perfect song! It is definitely okay to cry... don't let anyone tell you it's not! HUGS to you Amy!

Snarky Belle said...

I firmly believe there is a healing power in our tears. So, you just go right ahead and cry, cry a whole ocean of tears if that's what you need to do! And, in doing so, never feel that you are less than faithful or that you are weak. You are a strong, courageous woman!!

Love and hugs to you!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

We love you, Amy!